What Happens When You Reach Your Goal Weight on Weight Watchers?



What happens once you get to your goal weight on Weight Watchers? That was a question I asked on Tuesday.

That’s right. I am now at my goal weight! And I still have a week to spare.

It’s been a roller-coaster ride, but it really is worth it. Now it is time for maintenance. That’s what happens once you get to goal. After all, what’s the point in losing weight if you’re just going to put it back on?

Increasing Points to Maintain Weight Loss

The first thing that happens is the number of Pro-Points on Weight Watchers increases. The idea is that you eat enough to stabilise your weight, instead of losing it continuously.

This is a personal balance for everyone. Some people find they can have six extra Pro-Points a day and others find that they can only have three or four. This is something that I am going to have to play around with over the next few weeks until I find the right balance. With those next few weeks being Christmas, it is going to be much harder.

If I choose to do a Filling & Healthy day, which is something I will cover over the next few weeks, I would gain more weekly pro-points to help stabilise my weight loss. I am going to give those days a go soon.

Free Weight Watchers Meetings for Gold Members

Now that I’ve gotten to goal, I get to go to my meetings for free. I still pay for the online access, but at a much reduced rate of £6.95 instead o the £21.45 I was paying for meetings and the online access. I need that online access because that is how I track, instead of by paper and pen. I also like having access to the app on my phone.

I have to attend five meetings a year and not gain more than 5lb of my goal weight to keep my Gold status. The only time I could see that a problem is if I have another baby. But I will do it again, and it will likely be a little easier since I have all the good habits, and get back to Gold.

What Happens With This Blog?

I’m not going to give up tracking now that I’m at my goal weight. I believe it is just as important to prove that I can keep the weight off. So, you will still see updates from me.

I’m also still going to offer tips for weight loss and keeping it off in the long run. This blog was set up to help others, as well as make myself accountable, and I know some of you will still be on a weight loss journey.

Do you have any questions about after reaching your weight loss goal? Maybe you have a question about getting there. Feel free to ask in the comments below and I will do my best to answer them. 

Image credit: tungphoto/freedigitalphotos.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight