Diet Coke/Diet Fanta Chicken



This has been a recipe that I’ve loved making. I don’t do it often, because I’m not the one that cooks that much in the house. However, it’s a go-to one when I need something quick, simple and weight loss friendly.

I do really enjoy diet coke chicken, but someone suggested substituting the coke with Fanta, and I’ve got to admit that it’s gives it that little extra tangy flavour. If you’re looking for something to change up your recipes, it’s an easy alternative.

So, here’s the recipe I follow for my diet coke/diet Fanta chicken. It has a bit of a sweet and sour taste, and works perfectly with rice or pasta.

Ingredients:

  •  500g chicken breast, sliced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 5 tbsp passata
  • 1 can of diet coke/diet Fanta (330ml if you have a bottle)

Method:

  1. Heat a large pan and add a bit of oil
  2. Throw in the chicken and onion and cook until it starts to colour
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to boil
  4. Reduce the heat and simmer. The sauce will thicken and reduce to half the original volume. It takes about 30 minutes.

Alternatively, you can throw it all into a slow cooker and put it on a low heat for six hours. That’s something I do when I know we’re having a late dinner due to work.

I hope you enjoy. Writing this out now has really got me in the mood for diet coke chicken!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight