Getting Back to the Gym (Well Pool)!



Image: Pixabay
It is time for me to stop making excuses about why I can’t join a gym. I’ve been through all of them...

I’ve got no time.
I’ve got Monkey to think about.
We don’t have the money.
There isn’t one that offers everything I want close by.

Well, none of those are true. There are gyms close by that offer things that I want and now that Monkey is in nursery, I get two days were I have the time to get to the gym child free. On top of that, this gym has a crèche, so I can get two hours on the weekdays that I do have free with her to get into the gym. And this gym allows children in the pool, so I can take her swimming too.

So, really, there aren’t any more excuses that I can use.

That’s why today I finally got to the gym and signed up. But let me tell you it wasn’t easy.

I’m going to be honest and say I’ve done very little exercise in the last three years. I mean real exercise. I’ve been on the Wii Fit and sure I have the Zumba game thingy for the Wii, but I’ve not gone out for runs and I’ve definitely not been swimming like I used to.

I just did 15 minutes in the pool and my arms are now killing me. It didn’t used to be like that. I used to do an hour until my arms were completely dead.

I’m not using that as an excuse to quit.

It would have been so easy to walk away from the gym feeling deflated. It would have been easy for me to just give up and decide I was never going back. But I’m not going to do that.

That was my wake up call. I’m going to get back to the gym (pool, whichever one I choose to do) and get back to the fitness levels I was at three years ago. I’m determined to get my swim times back down and stop my arms from aching so much after just 15 minutes.

Not only will I feel better, but it will do my weight and waistline some good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight