Why Your Weight Loss Fears Are Stopping You Losing Weight



Your weight loss fears are the reasons you’re not losing weight. It doesn’t matter what they are; they’re hindering you.
 
Don’t believe me? Well, let me give you three reasons they’re stopping you losing weight and what you can do about them.

You’re Worried the Plan Won’t Work

This is the most common fear, and it leads to many people not trying it wholeheartedly. They don’t want to set themselves up for failure.

The truth is you not trying out the plan fully is stopping you losing weight. A plan will only work if you give it 100%. It does take hard work, but it’s all worth it in the end.

When a member tells me that she or he is struggling with the Weight Watchers plan, my first question is “have you tracked everything?” And when I say everything, I mean it. I want to know if all food, drink and exercise has been tracked.

This really means every little bite or lick. Been baking? Did you lick out the bowl and not track it? What about those leftover chips from the wee one’s plate? They all add up.

If you’re worried the plan won’t work, you’re going to find a reason to stop it from working. All that’s going to do is stop you from being successful and reaching your dreams.

You’re Scared of What People Will Think

I understand why this is one of the popular weight loss fears. You don’t want your friends to know you’re on a diet, because you’re worried about what they’ll think.

There is a huge stigma still with weight loss, but the truth is your friends probably don’t care. If they do care, they’re going to be happy for you. They want you to succeed, and you may have more support than you would have if you didn’t tell them.

When you’re so scared about what others will think of your diet, you can’t give it 100%. You’ll have those cheat days because you want to fit in with your friends. That’s not sticking to your plan—whatever it is. It’s no surprise really that this fear is stopping you losing weight.

Honestly, your friends probably don’t care. If they do, they’re going to be happy for you. Those that want to sabotage you or start belittling you for your decision aren’t real friends.

You Fear the Unknown

What will the future bring you when you lose weight? Sure, you get the body that you dream of, but what about everything else in your life?

There are horror stories of husbands leaving their wives because they’ve completely changed and friends deciding they no longer want to go out with you. Yes, these lead to the weight loss fears, but you shouldn’t let them stop you.

The future is full of a lot of unknowns. It’s not all about your weight loss.

Those who do turn their backs because of your success are just jealous. They may have wanted to lose weight for years and not been successful. I had a friend like this. She stopped coming to Weight Watchers with me because she would gain when I would lose. She made it a vicious competition between us that I didn’t want.

It may come of no surprise to hear that she’s no longer a friend. We haven’t spoken in about three years. I don’t need someone like that in my life dragging me down, and neither do you. The friends I do have are supportive and want to help me keep to my goal weight. They’re happy that I reached it and some of them even celebrated with me on the day that I reached my goal.

Don’t worry about other people. Your weight loss fears are stopping you from losing weight. Now is the time to get over them and take control. You can do it, and it will be good for you.

What are your weight loss fears? Feel free to share them in the comments below, and let’s nip them in the bud now.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written. I have struggled with my weight for many years and i have tried every weight loss program out there. I think that i have finally overcome most of the obstacles but everyday takes dedication and determination. I can relate to all that you said. I even had people tell me that i am too skinny when i am in my healthy weight range. It really messes with your head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight