Getting Back Into Your Weight Loss Journey: My Tips for Success

Many of you will know that the last few months have been hard, especially when it comes to my weight loss journey. The truth is I fell off the wagon. I had to put so much else before losing weight.

It’s okay, though! Life happens.

Sometimes, weight loss is the last thing on our minds. But that doesn’t mean it always has to be that way. You can get back into your weight loss journey. You can find success.

Now that the big move is all over, I can focus on weight loss again. And trust me I need it! I found out that I gained seven pounds during my time off. While that’s not bad in the grand scheme of things, I went over the 13 stone mark. Not what I wanted to happen.

So now I’m back on track. The good news is in the last few weeks I’ve lost 5lbs in total. Just this week I lost 3lbs!

How did I get back into my weight loss journey? What are my tips for success?

  • Give yourself a new goal: stop focusing on the old ones and get your mind back in the game. What do you want to achieve and why? Keep your goal simple, realistic and timely. This will give you something to focus on when it gets tough.
  • Stop putting yourself down: Don’t focus on what happened, but focus on your future. Keep your head in your current weight loss journey, rather than wishing you’d just kept on it before. Negativity will slow you down and make you doubt yourself.
  • Keep yourself accountable: Weight loss journeys don’t have to be alone. You may remember that I said I love Weight Watchers because of the groups. I may not be going to classes yet (personal reasons) but that doesn’t mean I’m not accountable to someone. I have my husband and friends on social media.
  • Treat yourself: When you have success, treat yourself to something. This doesn’t mean food. Opt for some new clothes, a new DVD, or some new makeup. Let it mean something to you, and you’ll want to reach your next goal.


It’s time to get back into your weight loss journey. You can do it!


Are you getting back into your weight loss journey and need some extra support? Feel free to add this blog to your RSS feed and comment when you need a little inspiration or help. I’m here for you! You can also follow me on Facebook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight