Healthy Halloween Treat Ideas for All

So, it’s Friday. It’s time for the first weekly update since I decided to make a change to this blog. I came to a blank when I first realised what day of the week it was. I just didn’t know what tip to give you.

This last week hasn’t been the best for me diet wise. I’m not completely off it but it hasn’t been the main thing on my mind recently. Work has been hectic (and I mean hectic) and I haven’t been able to do anything exercise wise because of the pain in my shoulder—which has led to losing feeling at times in my arm and fingers and pain down my back.

So, I’ve just been stuck behind a computer, wondering what I could possibly share with you.

With it being October, there are a few things going on. Here in Canada it’s Thanksgiving on Monday but I don’t really have tips for that yet. This is my first Canadian Thanksgiving. So, instead, I thought I’d look forward to Halloween instead.

When we’re losing weight, whether we’re on the paleo diet, Weight Watchers, or even a temporary crash diet, we want to enjoy the holiday seasons. We want to be able to fit in with our friends and family members. I’ve know I’ve shared healthy Halloween treat ideas in the past, but it’s time for some more.

Don’t forget to Check out:



Healthy Halloween treats don’t need to be boring but at the same time you don’t need to get creative with them. Some of the simplistic ideas will get smiles from people—and put a smile on your face.

Ghost Cheese Strings


Get a pack of cheese strings instead of chocolate. On the clear packaging of each cheese string, draw a ghost face with black marker. The cheese string is the ghostly body. You can eat them all yourself or put them out for your Halloween party as a healthy option for your guests. Parents could also be thankful for you giving out cheese strings instead of chocolate to their treat or treating kids.


Creepy Fruit Kebabs


Cantaloupe melon balls, kiwi rectangles, and marshmallows all make some great fruity kebabs. But what’s the Halloween take on them?


Put them on the skewers with a marshmallow between the two pieces of fruit. With some black icing, draw ghost faces on the marshmallows, pretend your melon balls are pumpkins, and make Frankenstein’s monster faces on the kiwis.

Use a small piping bag for the black icing to be able to draw with it.

Rice Krispie Pumpkins


This is a fun one to do with the kids and it makes many people feel like they’re having something naughty.

Put your Rice Krispies in a bowl with melted marshmallow, as if you’re making normal Rice Krispie cakes. Add some orange food coloring to them and then create small balls out of your mixture, so they look pumpkin shape.


Add a small bit of chocolate in the top. You could use chocolate covered pretzels, small bits of chocolate fingers, or little bits of chocolate sticks. These make the stems of the pumpkins.


There we are. A few more healthy Halloween treat ideas to keep you going for another year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight